Sheepskin Rug Cleaning - Based in Cheshire
Posting your sheepskin rugs to our rug cleaning facility in Northwich, Cheshire.
Posting your sheepskin rugs couldn’t be easier, we get sheepskin rugs into our unit on a weekly basis and posting them is simple to do.
- Call us for a quote and address to post your sheepskin rugs
- Roll up sheepskin/s
- Place in a bin bag or anything waterproof just in case.
- Then place in a strong cardboard box.
- Tape up box, check for week corners and tape up if you reveal any
- Measure the box
- Weigh the box, if too big to place on scales simply 1)weigh yourself then 2)weigh yourself holding the box, then minus 1) from 2) which will give you the weight of the box.
- Now log on to your couriers website (see some links below) and enter your box measurements and weights.
- Some courier websites will offer collection from your home or locate your local drop off point.
- Once we have cleaned your rugs we will ask for payment
- Once paid you can then book your pickup. We will pack your rugs and either wait for collection or you can email us a choice of drop offs locally to us and we will drop your cleaned rugs off for you free of charge.
Here are some links to courier websites that a lot of our customers have used.
Royal mail https://www.royalmail.com/price-finder
Parcel force https://www.parcelforce.com/sending-parcel
Sheepskin rug cleaning
There’s a lot more to cleaning sheepskin rugs than just hiring a machine or getting your local carpet cleaner in to give it a once over. These deep plush pile rugs are not only very difficult to get soils out of, they also have a hide to contend with! Using a chemical that is too harsh and you’ll have a hard cardboard like feel of the hide on your hands, we have had sheepskins come into us that you can stand on end!
We take great care when cleaning sheepskin hides, As a Woolsafe trained operative and Woolsafe service provider we have in depth knowledge of wool and how its reacts to cleaning. We are also trained in leather cleaning and restoration so know all about sheepskin hides and how to treat them so they don’t dry out, We can also correct dried out hides which have been cleaned incorrectly.
How to measure a Sheepskin Hide and get a quote for cleaning.
The first thing we do is measure the sheepskin and give you a fixed price for the clean, Once a price is given we never inflate this price or try and sell you extras, all our pricing is done prior to the clean and we make sure you understand our pricing and procedures before we go ahead, there are no surprises with us just a good thorough professional clean with clear and honest pricing.
Measuring a sheepskin is usually done by the amount of hides that make up the rug, from a single hide to even 20 hides making up a very large sheepskin rug, it’s easy to do, just turn the sheepskin over and count the sections, these sections are usually (roughly) 2 foot (60 cm) by 1 foot (30cm) in area size but do vary depending on the size of the sheep, if you see lots of small sections you probably have a patchwork style sheepskin, these are usually made from off cuts all sewn together and therefore these have to be measured they are also usually rectangular or circular in shape. Some can have backings on them to cover up the joining of each fleece, these also have to be measured for pricing.
We like to thoroughly inspect the fleece before we go ahead with any cleaning, some of the inspection is done while you are present in our unit or at the collection of the fleece if you have chosen us to collect the rug. We will advise if we think there are any problems will will be able to advise you of your options whether this may be either a lighter clean or even just a thorough dry clean only where we air dust and vacuum using our specialist equipment.
Removing the Dry Soils from A Sheepskin Hide
It is very important that we remove as much dry soil as possible before getting the fleece wet, this does 2 things, it makes the wet cleaning side of the process so much easier and also helps keep our rinsing water a lot cleaner for a more thorough rinse.
We thoroughly vacuum the hide, which gives us a chance to further inspect the rug, we check for possibilities such as loose fur, stains and other oddities that we may not of seen at the initial inspection stage, we may contact you at this stage if we find anything that may hinder the cleaning process and chat about how you want us to continue, however this is a pretty rare occurrence.
We cannot beat these types of rugs using our beater machine as they tend to ruck up and therefore are not suitable for this process so we put them on a flapping machine, this imitates the same action that you would do outside shaking the rug to rid it of large debris and other bits that will be released as the rug undulates.
This process consists of us pushing high velocity air into the rugs long woolen fibres and dislodging fine particles of dust, talc and all other small microscopic soils, it also helps to soften the wool, untangle it and rejuvenate the fibres making it look full of life and giving it a soft fluffy like appearance similar to when you first bought it.
See how we clean sheepskin rugs!
In this video you will see all the equipment and the thorough process we follow to safely clean all types of sheepskin rugs and hides to bring them back to life and totally refreshed.
Why choose Arcadia Rug Spa?
Derek and Sian have been running their successful rug and upholstery cleaning business
‘Arcadia Rug Spa’ for over 10 years. From being asked on a regular basis if they could clean
sheepskin rugs offsite, they decided it made sense to offer a postal delivery service.
Best of Arcadia Rug Spa
- Local Specialists
- Dedicated Rug Cleaning Spa
- State of the art Equipment
- We are Members of Woolsafe
- Customer Satisfaction guarantee
- Proud Members of TACCA
- Collection and Return Service
- Open 5 days a week Just drop in
- Don’t need to make an appointment
- Local Independent Family Business
- Pet and Child-Friendly Products
- Specialists in Stain and Odour Treatments
- Expert Repair and Restoration Service
- Customer Parking, Easy access
- Fire and Flood damage Restoration
- Check out our Reviews