Indian Rug Cleaning Cheshire
Indian Rug Cleaning
Indian rugs, although unique in other elements, are very unlikely to be original in their designs. Even though India is a major production centre for oriental rugs, contemporary Indian rugs tend to resemble the likes of Persian, Chinese, Turkoman and Aubusson rugs; however, back in the day, their hand-knotted, chain-stitched and dhurries represented some of the most famous constructions of India.
Opposingly, the up-to-date version of these authentic carpets take all of their inspiration from the already-popular oriental rugs; they bare the characteristics of plants and animals on a beautiful and rich colour palette of blues, yellows, pinks and greens. However, even though these rugs share the same aesthetics as other oriental rugs, their consistency can determine them apart from the originals.
An Indian rug can be distinguished by the quality of their weaves; a Persian rug, for instance, is hand-knotted with the highest level of wool and silks, whereas an Indian rug is weaved with finer wool that is asymmetrical-knotted on a cotton foundation. This, if you didn’t already know, means that its bristles are more likely to seep and lose figure.
Being finer was never the case when they were initially manufactured during the 16th, 17th and 18th century, but since, they have dropped dramatically in their quality; unless purchased from smaller businesses in the cities of Srinagar, Amritsar and Agra. Nonetheless, Indian rugs are exquisite and do last up to years when looked after properly.
Care Instructions For An Indian Rug
Here at Arcadia Rug Spa, we are highly experienced and knowledgable in what an Indian rug needs to maintain its beautiful presentation. Being a rug made of a finer weave, we recommend that you are consistently patting it down, hoovering it and rotating it so that all areas of the rug are being used to the same extent.
In terms of cleaning, it is imperative that you get your Indian rug cleaned professionally so that it keeps its shape and bright colours looking vibrant. Being a rug cleaning company which is made up of a team that has over 20 years of experience in this field, we give you confidence in that we have dealt with every type of oriental rug that you can think of; meaning your rug couldn’t be in better hands.
We are aware of how delicate an Indian rug is which is why we take extra care in handling, cleaning and drying of each and every rug that we are approached with. Our step-by-step cleaning process allows us to ensure that every inch of a rug is left disinfected and smelling lovely, while also maintaining it’s soft-exterior.
Are you looking for a rug cleaning service in Cheshire? Get in contact with us today, and we will conduct a bespoke treatment on your Indian rug. For further information on Arcadia Rug Spa and our step-by-step guide for our cleaning processes, have a gander on our website! In the meantime, enjoy these fun facts on Indian rugs:
- The art of manufacturing carpets was introduced in India by the great mogul Akbar who insisted that Persian weavers and pattern artists create him carpets for his palace. (1556-1605).
- Bhadohi, a city in India, is home to the largest hand-knotted carpet industry in South Asia!
- Such stunning carpets are consistently being produced for the Taj Mahal, and have been over many centuries; the Taj Mahal being the world-famous, most beautiful and marble Islamic mausoleum.
Why choose Arcadia Rug Spa?
The soak tank is essential in getting odours out of rugs, without it, it’s just impossible to truly get the smell out, If you have an odourous rug then please don’t waste your money on DIY machines or in house carpet cleaning professionals, they won’t get rid of the smell and you will inevitably have to call some one like us to do the job properly.
Best of Arcadia Rug Spa
- Local Specialists
- Dedicated Rug Cleaning Spa
- State of the art Equipment
- We are Members of Woolsafe
- Customer Satisfaction guarantee
- Proud Members of TACCA
- Collection and Return Service
- Open 5 days a week Just drop in
- Don’t need to make an appointment
- Local Independent Family Business
- Pet and Child-Friendly Products
- Specialists in Stain and Odour Treatments
- Expert Repair and Restoration Service
- Customer Parking, Easy access
- Fire and Flood damage Restoration
- Check out our Reviews